OPERATIONAL CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY – RE: COVID-19
Subject to the prevailing guidelines, the following safety policies and procedures have been implemented during this time to best protect the health of everyone participating in an MJT event this season.
Please note, if you choose to play any MJT tournaments, you do so entirely at your own risk and will not hold the MJT responsible for any damages. By registering and playing any MJT event, you acknowledge you have agreed to all policies and procedures as fully outlined on the MJT website under About/Policies and Procedures.
PLEASE DO NOT PLAY IN MJT EVENTS IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO THE BELOW PROCEDURES. PLAYERS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO THE BELOW OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY ANY FUTURE MJT EVENTS.
PROTOCOLS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. PLEASE PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO PRE-EVENT E-MAILS AS THEY WILL OUTLINE GOLF COURSE SPECIFIC PROTOCOLS WE MUST FOLLOW
Important Precautions for Players and Parents
- No Spectators are allowed at MJT events until further notice
- Please bring your own water
- Wash your hands frequently. If you can’t wash them on the course, bring hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face, including your mouth, nose, lips, or eyes
Before you Arrive
- If you answer ‘YES’ to any of these questions, please stay home.
- If you are sick, have any flu-like symptoms or are at risk with a compromised immune system
- Have been tested positive for COVID-19 and not yet been fully cleared
- You have been in contact with someone affected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- You have been traveling from outside the country and returned to Canada within the last 14 days
- Bring your own tees and pencils as we will not have these for pick-up on-site until further notice.
Arriving at the Course
- Please arrive at the course NO MORE than 30 minutes before your scheduled tee time.
- Everyone must always obey the physical distance rule of maintaining a minimum of six feet. This includes at the registration area, putting green, driving range, through the completion of the round and at scoring.
- Upon arrival, please verbally notify an MJT staff member at the registration table you are present while maintaining physical distancing guidelines.
On the Course
- Please do not switch scorecards.
- Instead of a traditional handshake before or after your round, we recommend a friendly nod, a tip of your cap, or a simple wave as a form of greeting or sportsmanship.
- Players may take relief from disturbed areas in a bunker. Players must mark, lift, smooth the area in which the ball originally lay and place the ball back as near as possible to its original location. Once a player hits their ball out of the bunker, the player must do their best to smooth the sand with their feet.
- Rakes will have been removed from bunkers at most courses. However, if a rake is present, please do not use it.
- At this time, all players MUST leave the flagstick in.
- The MJT will be using the Pin Caddy at all events in 2020.
- Closest-to-the-Pin and Long Drive contests will be suspended for the time being.
After the Round & Scoring
- Upon completion of your round, the group will head to the general scoring area. Players will verbally agree to the hole-by-hole scores for each player. After agreeing, the marker will sign the scorecard and place the scorecard on the scoring table for the MJT Staff to take a picture.
- The MJT will verify totals with each player and enter scores on the MJT website.
- All cards will be placed by the player in a box, scoring is final, and players are asked to head home.
- Do not gather at the clubhouse or any other common area.
- Where permitted, we will conduct a limited awards presentation to the top-3 finishers in each division. Results and Order of Merit points will be posted online ONLY.
MJT Mini Tour Specific Protocols
- Caddies will still be permitted on the MJT Mini Tour in 2020
- Until further notice, Caddies MUST live at the same address as the player
- Parents who wish to apply for a special exemption in order to allow someone other than a Parent or Guardian to Caddie on the Mini Tour must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org detailing their special request and relation to the player.
- Reminder, a Caddie is an extension of the Player, all the same protocols listed above apply to the Caddie. Should the Caddie be in breach of any of these protocols, the Player may be disqualified
- Limit of one Caddie per player
- For full MJT Mini Tour Policies and Procedures, please click here.
The MJT will continue to act in the best interests of our tournament families, as our top priority is the safety of our players, parents and staff.
Please see the updated MJT National Schedule here.
For all tournament and operational questions or concerns, please contact MJT Member Services at email@example.com.