Why Play MJT?
The Maple Leaf Junior Golf Tour (MJT) is the number-one played junior golf tour in Canada and is your "Road to College Golf". The MJT also created the very first all-inclusive college recruitment program in Canada, partnering with RecruitYourself2College.com (RY2C) .
MJT alumni include top-rated players such as PGA Tour players Nick Taylor, Adam Hadwin and Roger Sloan, and LPGA Players Sue Kim, Samantha Richdale and Soo Bin Kim. In addition, alumni include players on the Web.com Tour, PGA Tour Canada and Symetra Tour.
Over and above the high level competition, international opportunities, scholarships and awards, the MJT holds free clinics to introduce boys and girls to the game via the Ford Go Golf! Free Junior Clinics, and conducts the MJT Mini Tour for boys and girls ages 12 & Under, which introduces playing golf over 9 and 18 holes while exposing players to their first tournament experience.
What will I get as an MJT member?
Chance to compete in and benefit from the #1-played junior golf tournaments in Canada according to player and parent feedback:
"My son played on the MJT tour for all of these years with one goal in mind, and that was to be able to compete at a higher level to gain experience, elevate his game, and to be able to be recognized by Universities. MJT did all three and more for him. The people that he (and I) have met throughout the last 6 years were the best, most professional, dedicated folks we have ever met. Trent is an incredible individual in many ways!! Ryan is now playing for UTSA in San Antonio and competing very well. My sincerest THANKS goes out to you, your organization, Trent, Vince, Murray, Dean, and all the volunteers that have helped my son achieve his dream. Plus everyone else that he has met along the way!! Developing Champions!!" — S.W., AB.
"I thought I would take this opportunity to let you know how much the MJT has meant to me and my golf career ... I want you to know that without a doubt, it was the Maple Leaf Golf Tour that prepared me to be able to compete at a national level in junior golf. Thanks again for all your help and guidance, what you provide to junior golfers is more than just golf tournaments." — M.H., B.C.
"We would just like to extend our sincere thanks for the efforts and dedication you all put into this program. Our son has grown up with this tour and I truly believe the pride we have in him as an individual and a golfer is a direct result of all of your efforts in striving for excellence and truly living up to your mission statement of "Developing champions, in golf and in life.” We truly mean these words and encourage any potential sponsors to give these MJT folks a good hard look as they truly are building the future for golf in Canada as well as developing some fine young ladies and men!" — K, I & C.S., MB
Best Member Package in Canada!
2017 MJT Member Gift Package which offers the best value for your annual membership in the country.
- MJT / TaylorMade Tour hat
- MJT Performance Towel
- MJT Bag Tag
- Digital subscription to Golfweek Magazine ($39 value)
PLUS: 2017 MJT College Recruitment Program - 2 options available.
The MJT has expanded the MJT College Golf Recruitment Program to include a full service option to guide and support parents and players through the entire recruitment process, providing a full range of options when beginning the college golf process to support the current RY2C / MJT Program. To see more on both program, please click here.
- Access to the Ping College Guide at a reduced rate ($50.00)
- Scholarship Awards including the $1,000 MJT Golf Canada Scholarship Award. The MJT Scholarship & International Team Travel Fund also supports many additional awards
The Top 18 reasons to play MJT are:
- Only national tour run exclusively by members of the Professional Golfers’ Association of Canada including certified coaches at the national or university level
- Schedule of 60+ tournaments and clinics
- Exclusive provider of recruityourself2college, which is a self-directed college recruiting program, under our new MJT College Recruitment Program.
- Only national junior tour to offer 7 age divisions: Girls 14 & under; Girls 15-19; Peewee Boys 12 & Under, Bantam Boys 13-14; Juvenile Boys 15-16; Junior Boys 17-18; New - Collegiate Division (19-23).
- Offer high-level competitive opportunities on an international stage
- Ranking on MJT National and Provincial Order of Merit and by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Best value for money
- Quality tee gifts and numerous Draw Prizes for every player
- Long Drive, Skills competitions and Comeback Awards at every event
- Awards for top finishers in 6 age divisions
- Only program to provide refreshments including Aquafina, Quaker Chewy Products and pizza from Boston Pizza
- Results, photos and event highlights posted on website
- Press Release and Full Results to members’ local media and home golf club
- Only National Tour to offer an equitable refund program in accordance with MJT Cancellation Policy (7 days notice)
- Best national Member Gift Package which consists of MJT / TaylorMade Tour Hat, MJT Bag Tag, MJT Players Performance Towel, yearly digital subscription to Golfweek Magazine, and other sponsor products.
- Annual Scholarships (more awarded than any other tour) and Player of the Year Awards
- Host Hotel rates and other special sponsor offers
- You'll have fun and make many friends for life