2020 MJT Policy Changes
The MJT has introduced new program-enhancing policies in 2020!
- Static Age Date – A player's playing division will now be determined by a static date. A player will play in the same division all season now, according to their age as on August 31, 2020. Effective for both Mini Tour and Junior Tour.
- Age Group effect on International Qualifiers – If a player is eligible for an age-specific qualifying spot which is in a lower division that the one the player is assigned to compete in all year, their score in the qualifier will be adjusted according to course rating form the tees played.
- E.g. A 14-year-old who turns 15 before August 31 will play Juvenile Boys (15-16) or Girls 15-19 all season, but for the purpose of the qualifier, they will be short-listed alongside the 14-year-olds. We will use the course rating from which ever tees played to calculate the proper score ratio. Effective for both Mini Tour and Junior Tour.
- Changing age divisions – MJT Head Office needs to be notified in writing when a player wishes to play up a division. Once you have played up, you cannot go back to playing in a lower division. Only 50% of your MJT Order of Merit points accumulated will move with you. If you are planning on moving up during the current year, it is best to make this decision prior to your first event. Effective for both Mini Tour and Junior Tour.
- Order of Merit Point Bonus - When a field size has more than 16 girls and/or 28 boys in a regular OOM point event, major OOM points will be assigned to that age group (the 500 point breakdown will be used instead of the 300 point breakdown). Also, any 3-day event will receive the 500 point breakdown for MJT Order of Merit. Effective for Junior Tour only.
If you have any questions to these changes, please contact Trent Matson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (403)394-4562 to discuss further.